We are continuing to share our favourite recipes here at the centre so that you and the family can enjoy them at home.
What is great about this recipe is that you can hide plenty of veggies in there for those fussy eaters, plus you can make ahead and freeze for those busy weeks when cooking get’s tricky after work.
Beef and Vegetable Rissoles:
- Peel and grate onion.
- Wash and grate potato, carrot and zucchini.
- Finely dice capsicum.
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs and vegetables in a bowl, add eggs and mix well.
- Roll small handfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Heat a non-stick pan, spray lightly with oil and cook rissoles in batches, flattening slightly with a spatula as you put them in the pan.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with pita bread and sliced lettuce and tomato salad.
Each serve provides:
- 1 children’s serve of meat/alternatives (beef)
- 1 children’s serve of vegetables
- 1 children’s serve of grains (pita bread)
*Recipe via Healthy Eating Victoria