We love these because: Make ahead & freeze. Make these in bulk and use in your spaghetti & meatballs, or on their own with mashed potato and steamed vegetables for a quick and easy mid-week meal.
Recipe makes: 12-15 meatballs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
500 grams lean beef mince, you can also use turkey
1 cup of cooked quinoa
2 cloves minced garlic
¼ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup freshly chopped parsley
½ tablespoon dried oregano
½ tablespoon dried rosemary
½ tablespoon dried thyme
Salt & pepper to season
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 a cup grated zucchini
½ a cup grated carrot
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare an oven tray with baking paper
- Add your meat, quinoa, herbs, onion, garlic, egg, tomato paste and vinegar to a large bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are distributed evenly. Use your hands to squish it all together.
- Roll mixture into meatballs that are about 4 cm in diameter.
- Place meatballs about 2.5 cm apart onto your baking tray
- Bake meatballs until the centre is cooked through, about 25-20 minutes.
- If you prefer a crispy outside, you can grill meatballs for a couple of minutes or so, watching them carefully. If you prefer, pour sauce over meatballs for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking and top with cheese!
Remove from oven and enjoy over pasta or zucchini noodles with your favourite sauce, or, with vegetables- yum!