We love this easy, colourful and healthy meal idea for those busy nights where you want something tasty, quick and nutritious for your family. This is also great to make extra servings of and take to work the next day for lunch to enjoy.
Recipe makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 x store-bought roast chicken (can also use cooked chicken to your liking)
250 grams cooked spelt pasta spirals (or pasta of your choice)
2 cloves of crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
2 x cups chopped vegetables of your choice for baking- we love carrots, sweet potatoes, capsicum and zucchini
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup pine nuts
Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
Juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to season to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place chopped vegetables and minced garlic and oil in a bowl. Toss well to combine. Place mixture, in a single layer, onto a large oven tray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Roast for 20 minutes then add pine nuts to vegetables to roast for a further 5 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Place lemon juice, oil and mustard in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake well to combine.
- Prepare to serve, place cooked pasta, baby spinach, pine nuts and vegetables in a large bowl. Add boneless pieces of your roast chicken to the salad and pour over dressing. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese if you wish.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!