Programs for all ages… from 6 weeks, to pre-school!
We adopt an emergent curriculum at Coomera Clubhouse, one that is structured to enhance and enrich a child’s learning experience. This approach has been developed at a national education level in Australia and is called the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
You can read more about the Framework here.
Download a Factsheet here.
Coomera Clubhouse implements the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG) through an Emergent Curriculum. An Emergent Curriculum is based on the interests of a child and or group of children, which encourages children to learn through play, sparked by an interest that they have initiated.
Our team of Educators then build on these interests to channel children’s learning, exploration and discovery. Planning this curriculum requires observation, discussion, documentation, reflection and creativity.
Through the Framework’s five learning goals, Educators will assist your child to develop:
- A strong sense of their identity
- Connections with their world
- A strong sense of wellbeing
- Confidence and involvement in their learning; and
- Effective communication skills.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly team.
Communication with our families
To align with our values and efforts to be a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly centre, we are proud to be paperless when it comes to our daily communications with families.
We have partnered with KindyHub, to bring our day sheets, learning stories and portfolio right into the hands of parents and carers, via a handy phone App, which is convenient, private and interactive. It also allows parents to easily communicate with your child’s Educator, as the app invites communications and feedback, as well as the ability to share a significant or special family story. What makes this app so great, is that it is time-saving for our team and easy to use, which means more time is spent with the children.
We document your child’s learning journey in a number of ways:
- This submission to the Kindyhub profile outlines the day’s activities and what the children are currently learning,
- This is uploaded to Kindyhub daily for you to view
- Includes photos.
- Includes what your child has eaten and how much, as well as sleep times and duration.
Online child portfolios
- Learning stories
- Centre events
- Photo observations
- Learning samples
- Developmental records
- Summary of learning and development
Learning Journey Scrapbook
- This is an ongoing learning and development journey that educators will work on throughout the year. At the end of the year, families get to take this home to keep.