Seeing as though all of our children love our freshly made food so much, we thought we might start sharing a recipe or two with you, so that you can make it at home and share with friends and family.
BAKED CHICKEN RISOTTO- Serves 6, enough for some left overs!
- Chicken thighs, 350grams
- 1 small brown onion
- 150 gram baby spinach leaves
- 400 grams pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive or canola oil
- One cup uncooked Aborio rice
- 1 litre reduced salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and finely dice onion.
- Cut chicken into small strips, removing any skin or bones.
- Wash spinach. Peel and cut pumpkin into small cubes.
- Heat oil in non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken to pan. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add rice. Stir to combine.
- Add stock, spinach and pumpkin to pan and bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Place chicken on top of rice, cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir and return to oven, cooking for a further 10 minutes or until rice is cooked through and all liquid has been absorbed.Serve in bowls and top with parmesan cheese, serve warm and enjoy!
Each serve provides:
1 children’s serve of meat/alternatives1 (chicken) 1 children’s serve of vegetables2
1 children’s serve of grain3 (rice)
A good source of vitamin C
*Recipe is thanks to Nutrition Australia